Random Thoughts

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Getting Married

I'm getting married! Alejandro proposed in September and now here we are, 51 days until the wedding on June 26th. We're getting hitched in Colorado. I've never wanted to be gawked at by 100 people during a wedding ceremony, so we're limiting the audience. I invited everyone on our list of around 78 people, but naturally, I don't expect the majority of them to show up. Not only are we a shy bride and groom, but we felt it was necessary to make it equally difficult to get to the wedding by all family members. Alejandro's family is in Costa Rica and Venezuela and many cannot travel to the US for a variety of reasons. So, here we are, ready to take the plunge in the mountains of Colorado.

Planning was rough at first, but once we decided where we were going it gradually got a little simpler to figure out. After we get hitched we are going to have a mostly family oriented reception back in Indianapolis. If I could get married today I would. I'm ready.

Alejandro already refers to me as his wife, or "wifey" when he wants to push my buttons. We've been living together for quite awhile. I'll be happy to move forward onto our next set of goals after we make things official.

It feels good to not have to worry about the meat market ever again. I can put my energy into other pursuits.

No comments: