Random Thoughts

Thursday, March 5, 2009

The List

About a week ago I remembered a list I had made long ago of the things that I wanted to do before I died. I found it. It’s a bit amusing to be honest. I made the list while still a virgin and most likely fresh out of high school or soon to be.

I wrote that I wanted to do such things as naturally, have sex (as all teens want to do), but also I wrote down simple, less complicated things like riding a roller coaster or go to Jazzfest. I’ve done all of those things now, but there are still several that I still want to do and a few that I don’t have an interest in anymore.

My list looks a little bit like this now:

Run the Mini-Marathon
Skydive
White Water Raft
Scuba Dive
Go Sailing
Fly A Plane
Make Photographs in a Dark Room
Kayak or Canoe Alone
Go Dancing with Alejandro
Go on Picnics
Travel to Many Places
Learn Gardening with Patience
Learn to Cook with Patience
Go to Disneyworld
Take Part in Mardi Gras
Go to the Theatre
Experience a Hurricane
Go Storm Chasing
Drive Across Country
Experience Weightlessness
Ride the Bicycle Again
Write a Newspaper Article
Learn A Self Defense Philosophy
Get Married
Buy A House
Have Babies
Adopt Children
Adopt More Animals
Start A Business
Write in Different Formats
Learn Spanish and Italian
Learn How to Make Pottery
Learn How to Make Baskets
Paint
Knit Scarves

It’s a long list, but I know I’m not done adding things to it. I don’t know why I am alive or why I will some day die, but I do know that I will make the best of the life that I have.

No comments: