Random Thoughts

Monday, September 29, 2008

Money Money Money

I choose travel. I was debating on whether I should continue saving for travel or looking into buying a house this next year, but as of today, my chances of getting a house are slim. I have a good credit score (or at least I did) and Alejandro and I could certainly afford a house payment. In this market, though, home buyers need a really good down payment and may possibly need to just buy a house outright after today's decision to not bailout the banks. So, I choose travel.

It's probably an irresponsible choice. After all, I have quite a bit of debt to payoff. But, at least two people have told me that I worry too much about money. Even today someone told me that she hasn't seen me happy for a long time and she's worried about me. I didn't get a chance to tell her that things are looking up.

After sinking another $700 into my car on my birthday I will finally be able to crawl out of my spare cash hole just a bit. At least, the extra car expenses haven't greatly impacted my plans for travelling next week. Thank God for a three paycheck October! The vacation I have been wanting to take for years is finally here.

We got our itinerary all printed out this evening. I hope we haven't overdone it! We fly into Phoenix on Saturday, drive through McCain territory (Sedona) on Sunday (we'll be behind enemy lines, so communication will be at a minimum to avoid Republican whining), stay in Williams while we explore the Grand Canyon, drive out to Monument Valley and stay a night before moving on to Albuquerque for a few days of hot air ballooning. Whew! That's a lot of driving, but I have longed to go to these places for so long. Next year we may be going to Rome so I don't know that we'll make it back that way anytime soon.

I wish it were Friday. This past week or so I have taken on a co-workers job responsibilties in addition to my own and frankly, I'm multitasking all over the place. On top of that, I have had a cold. My yo-yo is wound to tight and needs to be released.

No comments: