Random Thoughts

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Costa Rica 2007

I finally copied my picture CD's to the computer today. I have two cameras - an older 35 mm and a digital I bought back in November for my trip to Costa Rica. I wasn't sure if I would be able to find film in Costa Rica and, well, I have a trigger happy finger when it comes to taking photos. I love taking photographs of landscapes, flowers, buildings of interest and just simple curiosities that capture my attention.

I took this photo at a roadside market on the way down from the Poas crater. We never actually saw the crater because it was far too rainy and windy to get a good view, but the trip up the volcano mountain and the trip down were quite the adventure for the eye. We passed through a few towns and several coffee and sugarcane fields. There are so many beautiful vistas to be seen in Costa Rica - they just creep up on you on the road and then they are gone in an instant and another photo opportunity arrives that is just as astonishingly beautiful. I actually found myself quite frustrated because I could not take all the photographs that I wanted to - I could have photographed for days.

I have decided to try and make a slideshow out of the best photos from the trip. I just hope I can get that done before the next trip comes around.

No comments: